28 June 2006
Happy First Birthday, Emilee Jin Xiu !
A year ago today, my daughter was born in China. And a year ago today, a very special woman gave birth to a beautiful baby girl that she held through the night-while she cried-because she knew she could not keep her. I imagine later that day-she bundled up her tiny baby, kissed and hugged her real tight, and crept in the darkness to find a safeplace to leave her. She chose the Xuwen Orphanage gates, because she knew they would take her in and keep her safe until they could find her her forever mommy. Then, she most likely hid in the shadows and watched from afar to make certain that someone would find her precious newborn. While at this orphanage, there was yet another woman who cared for my daughter. I met her the day I received Jin Xiu and from the look in her eyes, you could see she cared for her deeply.
Today, I salute these two amazing women: First, the courageous woman who gave birth to my daughter- and who loved her enough to risk everything to leave her. And to the woman whose arms Xiu Xiu found comfort in her beginning months and who cared for her until the day she was finally placed in my arms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is one of the most beautiful things I've read :>) Happy Birthday little Emilee...big hug to you and your Mom!
Michele Waters
Happy Birthday Emilee!
We miss you, and hope to see you soon.
Patrick, Kathy and Meredith
Post a Comment