24 December 2006
'Twas the night before "Christmas"
it was March 29th.
Not in December as usual.
Our story is like this.
I traveled to China,
to find my dear girl.
I waited so long,
for my sweet Asian pearl.
The next morning came,
I hardly did sleep.
I will soon to be a mommy,
a baby to keep.
I went to the affairs office
to the rooms up above.
I saw so many little ones,
all of which had so much love.
Down the hall they did march
as we all held our tears.
The beginning of memories
to last many years.
A nanny proudly stepped upholding
baby number two.
"Xu Jin Xiu, meet your Mommy"!
Oh no, I'm not thru.
She looked straight at me
with a twinkle in her eye.
It was my daughter, Emilee!
I tried not to cry.
She was dressed all yellow
from her head to her toe.
Yellow means nobility,
so the custom does go.
An Empress with raven hair
Was placed in my arms
A child with such beauty
She was dignified and calm
I held her and kissed her
and thanked God above.
I was finally complete
and so full of love.
It's been almost a year
since that wonderful day.
We are blessed with each other
and together we shall stay.
Without family and friends
our dreams wouldn't be true.
We wouldn't be "us"
thanks to all of you.
May your holidays be fruitful.
May your hearts be light.
May your wishes come true
and your stars be bright.
Happy Holidays, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment