21 January 2008

Pals Forever---Emilee and Elle

This funny purple Elephant was Emilee's first toy. I sent it to Emilee in a package that I sent to her orphanage right after I received her photo. I really never expected to ever see it again. But Right after they handed Emilee to me they gave it back to me. For the longest time Emilee would not go to sleep without it. It was a special and comforting friend. Then all of a sudden she wanted nothing to do with it. So I placed it on a shelf in her room as a memento. Then one day she noticed it on a shelf and wanted it back. It has been with her ever since. I'm not sure if she remembers it or not, but she sure loved it. Its nice to see the two of them united again.
Emilee and Elle sleeping at the White swan-March 29, 2005




Emilees package going off to Xuwen




3 comments:

Melanie said...

aw, its adorable! I guess it'll be a treasure for her and she'll keep it when she gets older. Its so sweet to see she still loves it :) I love all the pictures you've posted!
By the way, Have you thought about turn black and white that picture of her sleeping in the post "sleeping beauty"? This would look adorable. She looks like a princess even sleeping!!! We all can't say that about ourselves LOL

Lori said...

Aaah, this is a choked-up post...
such a sweet, sweet story. :)

Deb said...

This is too cute Staci! She will probably NEVER part with that elephant! It is a treasurr for sure!