21 May 2008




Sunday Emilee had her first Dance Rehearsal. Her Recital is June 1st. It was a really long day for all involved. We had to be at the auditorium at 130pm and we didn't leave until almost 8pm. I tried to put her down for an early nap, but she was to excited and would not sleep. At 1230 I started doing her hair and dressing her. She looked like a doll. I almost cried looking at my sweet baby. She was more beautiful than even and when she walk I swear there was a glow around her, not to mention the can of glitter I spayed in her hair.
When we arrived at the Performing Arts Building she gleefully jumped out of the car and skipped and twirled her way to the door. Inside her friend and her laughed and danced and posed for a zillion pictures. The Actors on the Red Carpet didn't have to pose for as many pictures as us paparazzi moms made there poor girls do. At about 215 she kissed me goodbye and went into her green room in the back with stage mom Kathy.
Just a side note--Kathy is an amazing woman. The way she handled these giggle, energetic, bouncy girls was amazing. (There are 12 girls., ages 4-5 years old. I know Emilee is the youngest. She is not even three yet, but she loves being around the older girls and can keep up with them perfectly.) Backstage Kathy held sing alongs, coloring parties, movie time and still managed to keep the girls neat and helped them change into their various costumes keeping them on schedule and not once were they late getting on stage. She truly deserves an award.
Emilee had four acts onstage.
Act one--approx 300pm--the curtain opened and I saw my beautiful angel smiles and all waving and singing. I though--Hooray, shes not scared.
Act two--Approx 430pm--her tap portion--the curtain opened and Emilee did a great job. Taping and dancing away.
Act Three--Approx 545--Gymnastics portion--The curtains opened to a very sad Emilee. She was crying and looked like she really didn't want to be there. She did what she had to do, but she cried the whole time. I felt so bad. Later Kathy told me before she got on stage she told her " That's it, Im Done". Kathy came out after she got off the stage and told me she was OK and singing with the girls but she was very tired and hungry. ( They were only allowed water and crackers back stage)
Act Four-715pm--Ballet Portion---This should be Emilees favorite. She loves this dance-- Curtain opens to a very tired and crying Emilee. She tried to stay in her place and silently cry but then she spotted me and my sweet child began to walk accross the stage. When she got to the middle she cried " Mommy". My heart broke. The minute the curtain closed I rushed back stage to see her. She was in Kathy's arms. She jumped into mine and said " I don't want to Dance anymore, I'm tired". I gave Emilee her Roses which made her very happy and perked her up, we watched the finale, hugged everyone good-bye and went o dinner. My baby was indeed hungry. Before we even arrived home she feel asleep in the car. The poor thing was exhausted. I asked her the next morning what she thought of the recital, her answer "long". I assured her the next one will only be two hours and she seemed to be OK with that.

Until Part Two of the Dance Recital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooo precious! What a day!