Since 1999, the orphanages in China are required to run a provincial newspaper advertisement for children that are found and brought to their orphanage. These ads contain information about where and when the children were found and which orphanage is caring for them. Originally these were text-only ads, but most provinces now include photographs in their ads. These photographs are usually the earliest available pictures of the children. Here is Jin Xiu's finding ad. I am guessing that she is less than 1 month old.
There is an adoptive father who locates finding ads for families and he was able to find Jin Xiu's. The picture is not very good but I am thrilled to have it. I also received a letter certifying that the finding ad for Xu Jin Xiu was published August 30, 2005, in the Nanfang Farmer's Daily and is the 1,664th picture ad for 2005.
I also received translation of her add:
Ad # 1664
Xu Jin Xiu
Finding Date 6/28/05
Found at the gate of the Xu Wen County Orphanage
She was a newborn baby when found.
She looks very different but after looking at the eyes I am certain this is her. I also made sure to match the chinese characters in her name, which are the first three characters and they match!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment