21 March 2007


As many of you know my adoption was not typical. It was filled with a lot of road blocks and many disappointments. But I have to say I have the child that is right for me. I cannot imagine any other child in my life but Emilee. She is my destined child.I started with China in 2002, and I will not get into it, But after a completed dossier, a LID and a very long wait I was taken.When I could not get another spot for China I switched everything to Vietnam. Again after a long wait and days away from a referral, anther roadblock was thrown at me. Vietnam closed to international adoption. As a single I has limited choices and put my mane on every list for China and began perusing other counties. At one point I was beginning to think it was me. Counties were closing, laws were changing and disappointment came at me with the intensity if a category 4 storm.In 2005 I finally received my long awaited spot for China with GWCA. After holding Emilee in my harms, I finally understood the reason I had to wait.
OK, back to the picture above:When I started with Vietnam, I asked my agency to supply me with references of theirs clients that had completed their adoptions. I wanted to make sure that this agency was legit. I was not going through this again.They supplied me with three mane. Two in New York and one from Ohio. Again, I understand why I had to go down this road even if it did not lead to my child. It was to meet these three amazing women. I consider them my guardian angels. Through out the rest of my adoption journey they were there to help me and guide me along the way.The above picture was taken in 2002 at a Vietnam picnic while I was waiting for my referral. Every year we have taken the same picture in the home of adding Emilee. In 2006 this dream came true.

1 comment:

French Marianne said...

Dear Staci, I never realised how difficult the road towards Emilee has been. And reading the whole story is so touching. I had tears in my eyes reading your words (when I held Emilee in my arms I understood why I had to wait). This is sooooooo very true and so nicely said. Love from Marianne