06 November 2007
My greatest Treasure
A fellow Xuwen mom just returned from a trip to Xuwen. I can not express what a gift she has given to me and the rest of the Xuwen families. She has given us the gift of our children's past and first home. Later on this week I will post some of the wonderful photos she had taken. But her greatest gift were the words and memories that she returned with. She expressed in her letters to us that the staff was warm and caring and took wonderful care of the children. That they even remembered many of the children by name. She wrote that they really misses the children and would love to have constant updated from the Xuwen families. She even supplied us with an email address.
A few days ago I wrote to the orphanage expressing my gratitude and thanks for taking such wonderful care of my daughter. I told them what she has been up to and how she has developed.
Two days later I received this response:
Hello! Nice to see your e-mail. Knowing that Xu Jinxiu now is very lovely and happy under your good care, we are all happy and grateful. Thank you! My mother named her. She was very beautiful. We remember her. Always smiles. Jinxiu was a lovely girl when was newly-born, she would cry often and smile often , so she usually attracted the other little friends to cry and smile, too. This is Jinxiu, a smart and lovely girl when she was in Xuwen Staff.We miss her.
Jess
I can not tell you how this email warms my heart.
Thank you Linda from the bottom of my heart for this great gift. I will forever be grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG Staci, what a neat thing and a great bridge to her past. WOW!
xo
Michele & Jade
Oh wow, Staci, that's so awesome, something so special to treasure forever. I laughed about her attracting the "other little friends to cry and smile too"....she's so sweet. :)
Thanks for sharing such a precious treasure.
Post a Comment