
To Emilee on Our 2nd Gotcha Day Anniversary
Two incredible years have passed since a quiet baby
Two incredible years have passed since a quiet baby
was placed in her mother’s anxious arms.
There in a small room in the Civial Affairs office in Guangzhou.
I promised to forever keep you from harm.
The experience has been utterly amazing,
each new day has brought more love and joy.
You have stretched my heart’s capacity,
my precious daughter of almost three.
Two years has brought laughter and bliss
Oh how I melt when you give me a great big kiss
You have blossomed from a crawling baby upon the floor,
Into an independent toddler who has so much to look forward for
Oh how I melt when you give me a great big kiss
You have blossomed from a crawling baby upon the floor,
Into an independent toddler who has so much to look forward for
You have absorbed the world around you,
like a giant sponge that is always brand new.
The future is upon us,what lies ahead is our new journey.
We’ve come so far together,Our lives are just getting better and better!
No comments:
Post a Comment