20 June 2009

SHALL WE DANCE....... THE DANCE RECITAL JUNE 14, 2009

Another year, another dance performance. This year was all about Dance. Its truly amazing the difference a year can make. Last year Emilee was indifferent about Dance. She started dance school very attached to me and was not too happy that i was not in the class with her (she was only 2) As the year went on she bean to separate more easily, but she seemed to treat dance class as a play class and never took it seriously. The recital was another story. Dress rehearsal was a disaster. she came on stage crying and at one point wandered around the stage as the other girls danced. The night of the performance I didn't expect much more. But like everything Emilee does, she often surprises you. She started her Ballet portion well, and then realized she didn't want to be there and walked off stage. Only to be shoved back on again and again. it was hilarious. Tap was a big 180. Kathy the class mom who was back stage promised Emilee lip gloss if she did well, and Emilee did not disappoint her. She went out and Tapped with gusto. I sat in my chair with my mouth opened delighted and amazed. i kept saying who is that kid?
This year was a whole different story. Emilee took dance class seriously from day one. She was fluid, focused and attentive to every word and movement. I think that a big reason was one, she has matured a great deal from last year. And two, she is in a class with 5 and 6 year olds and she didn't want to seem like a baby to them. What ever it is, she has excelled beautifully in dance. She is in the perfect group and lever for her. I really am happy she is enjoying it.
Since her costume arrived she has been so excited to perform on stage. This year I have had not fear that she wouldn't do well. She is such a ham, i was hopping they wouldn't have a problem getting her off the stage. I was correct. She was professional and delightful at both her dress rehearsal three weeks ago and her Dance recital last week. From the moment she came out on stage i had to Chuckle at her facial expressions. she was so serious and executed every movement with precise accuracy. I could not have been prouder.
Below are some pictures from her dance recital last week. I only posted a few. ( I edited hundreds between the two performances)
Now i cant wait for next years show. Its theme is " Around the world"
DANCE SHOW 2009
EMILEE, LIA-ROSE, ALYSSA, KALI, CAITLYN
VICTORIA AND EMILEE
EMILEE, VICTORIA, KALI, CAITLYN
EMILEE LOVED HAVING HER MAKE-UP DONE
TA-DA
HUDDLE
EMILEE AND EMILY
MICHAEL AND EMILEE
EMILEE LOVED THE FLOWERS GRANDMA GAVE HER
BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS FROM GRANDMA
SHOWING OFF HER MEDAL
UNTIL NEXT YEAR...

No comments: