16 February 2011

THE FEVER FINALLY BROKE

Its amazing how fast a kid can get sick. One minute they are well, running around and the next minute BAM they are sick. I was invited into Emilees class room Monday to celebrate Valentines day. It was such a nice day. I love watching Emilee in her classroom mode laughing and socializing with her classmates. After school we let together and bought flowers and treats for home. All was fine. Emilee was singing in the back of the car and we were deciding how we wanted to celebrate the evening together. As i pulled into the driveway, Emilee said "Mom, I don't feel well". I figured it was all the candy and treats she ate in school and told her to go rest for awhile. After a while of not hearing her I went to see what she was up to. she was under the covers in bed. I felt her head and she was burning up. Her temperature was 102. Since Monday is our daisy meeting and I'm troop leader I had my Mom watch her as I went to the meeting. it was odd not having her there. I kept calling my mom to see how she was and she told me that she was sleeping. By the middle of the night her temperature spiked. Poor thing. She looked so helpless. Tuesday her temperature went to 100 and i kept her home from school. She more or less spend the day in bed drawing, reading and coloring. Then last night she woke up with over 104. The poor thing was shaking and complaining of a head ache. She was up pretty much the whole evening. Finally at about 5am the fever broke. Its amazing what a day can do. i kept her home again today but she was more alive. We spend the day playing uno, singing and writing stories. ( not to mention catching up on homework). I think the worst is over and i hope to have her back in school tomorrow, meanwhile, I'm very tired.

No comments: