29 April 2006

One Month ago today....

One month ago today an angle came into my arms. I hate to be one of those mothers that brag, but she is the most precious, happy, energetic, funny, delightful, charming, beautiful child that I have ever seen. One month ago today, when they place little Xiu Xiu in my arms she had the biggest smile on her face. A month later she is still smiling. Her smile is so contagious, that everyone that sees her smiles also. She is pure sunshine. Infact, that is my nickname for her "sunny." I didn't realize that I could be so happy. I love playing with her and watching her learn new things. She sees the world with such wonder and delight and I am beginning to appreciate even the smallest things differently now. Someone asked me what has changed most in my life in the past month. Although I expected a bigger change, it feels natural. As if she has always been there. But I must say that there are three things I can think of off hand. One, I am happier than I have ever been Two, time management. I seem to need more time these days to get things done and I am functioning on a slower pace. And Three, I am so proud to be Emilees Mom.

No comments: