21 October 2008

Anyone who knows me knows that my past life revolved around Martial Arts. I Lived it and Breathed it. I went 7 days a week , taught, competed and it pretty much dictated my life. I wore my uniform and School emblem with pride and joy. ( It kind of sounds like a cult------No Comment) I retired 8 years ago. After years of with drawl, it is now a very happy memory. I am still very close with my fellow Martial Arters, most of whom got out--- but many who did not. LOL. We reminisce about our past adventures, tournaments, training sessions, and events and by this point have created a past of super heroes, that although have a hint of truth, never existed. ( Although ask any of us when we are together and the stories existed and have grown bolder each time we tell them.) Yesterday I was at the studio visiting one of my best buddies and my greatest sparring partner at my old studio. (He is now the head Sabumnin. I am also God-Mother to his oldest Daughter ) We had a great time talking about the past and delighting in our chosen futures. When I first found out I was leaving for China I wanted to get a school shirt for my daughter. But by that time they had stopped making Child Size shirts. As I was ready to leave B gave me a wonderful gift for Emilee. A bright Red school shirt in her size. When Emilee put it on she recognized the symbol and said, "I love it, Its just like Mommy's".

Thanks B from Both of us........

No comments: