03 April 2010

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!


The day started off great.  The weather was beautiful.  Sunny and in the high 70's. We went out for Breakfast and then she had a riding lesson.  She did great.  She even got to jump.  Emilee groomed pettie and we got back in our car to go home take a shower and head out to the park.

Then I heard it.

As i turned the corner to exit the gravel raod of the dtables I heard the sound  " Plumf, Plumf. Plumf".
It could only be one thing

A flat tire.....
We were stuck.  Her trainer had already gone home and the road we were on was sort of empty. I called Road Side Service and they assured me they would be there within the hour.
Yeah Right.
We passed the rime reading, singing and telling stories.  poor Emilee was so thirsty.  I gave her the warm water in the car which she drank without complaint.  then we heard it.  Like a sound from an Oasis.  No it was not the tow truck. kind of better for this moment.  it was the sound of the good humor truck. I ran 2 blocks to flag him down.  I ordered emilee her favorite strawberry ice cream with rainbow sprinkles and when i gave it to her she could not have been happier.

Two hours later the tow truck arrived and we did get home eventrully.  Emilee was a real trooper through the whole event.  Unlike her inpatient mom.
The funny part was when i asked her what the best part of her day was,  she told me watching me run after the ice cream truck and getting her Ice Cream.
It always amazes me how a child views life and can find fun in every circumstance.  its a shame we all have to grow up.  i just hope this part of her never does.

1 comment:

newDawn said...

such a bummer! the print is too small, maybe you could enlarge it.
Glad you two did not get home and you made the best of a bad situstion! xo