02 September 2011

THE SPANISH STEPS ...................ROME, ITALY












As you can tell from the pictures we just returned from a holiday in Italy.  We had a girls holiday.  It was My mom, my sister Lenore, my niece Mariel, Emilee and Myself.  It was a wonderful time with family in truly amazing and beautiful places.  We visited Rome, Isle of Capri, Florence, the Tuscany Region, and Venice.  Although I have been to all the regions before it was great experiencing them though Emilees eyes.  She had a truly magical time and soaked up all Italy had to offer.  She is truly at such a great age.  Its funny I think she showed me a few things I had never seen before.  I love stepping back and letting her explain her version of what things are.  It may take on a completely different idea and could not be farther from reality but its a great and magical story to be a part of.  Before we left we bought the books European treasure hunt and we had a great time trying to figure out the clues as well as learn odd tid bits about the city, architecture and masterpieces all around us.  What made the trip even more special was spending it with my sister and niece.  Emilee loved having them around and followed my niece around like a puppy dog.  It was so sweet to watch.  The only glitch was we landed up going to Italy during a heat wave.  Although it didnt slow us down a nice breeze would have been welcome at anytime.  In fact mother nature seemed to have been very active around the globe.  While we were away we missed an earthquake that hit the east coast and we had our plane canceled and had to fly back to Rome for a few more days due to Hurricane Irene. I guess there are worst places to be stuck than Rome.  As I edit the photos i am taken back to such wonderful memories.  I hope you enjoy them.

1 comment:

French Marianne said...

Plazza di Spania and Trinita dei Monti.... Childhood remembrance for me : I studied latin from 1st class to A level. We did a class trip (when we were in 3ed class) to Rome. All the class stayed in the Convent of Trinita dei Monti. Precious moment.. i was 13... thanks for sharing those photos, dearest Staci. Hugs to you both