DAY 2

Day 2 was a little better than Day 1. We walked into the school, waved to everyone and went up to her class room. All the way down the hall Emilee was skipping along. We entered the class room with out incident,put her back-pack in her cubby and her lunch in the fridge. Still no incident. Then I said " good-Bye". Emilee looked at me and became hysterical. Tears welled up in my eyes. Emilee jumped in my arms and held tight. I dont have to tell you that my heart sank and I felt like the worst mother in the world.Every instinct I had told me to grab her and leave. Thats shes not ready.
I kept saying to myself, "this is good for her", "She will learn alot", "When she gets used to it she will love it here." Her teacher came over took her and told me to leave. As I walked away i could hear my baby screaming. Tears were rolling down my face. I stood in the hallway 30 minutes until I could hear her quite down all along sending everyone who passed over to the room the check on her. I was afraid if she saw me again I would only make things worse.. After she stopped crying I left to run a few errandsAn hour later I came back to see how she was. She was in the play yard. I drove my car over to the gate close enough to view her but far enough so she could not see me. She was running around sliding on the slide and playing with the wagon. Finally I felt a little better, She seemed to be having fun. Thank G-D.
At 1pm I came to pick her up ( another very long day for me) she came running into my arms and hugged me so tight. He teacher brought over the American Flag painting she made, which is not hung up on my fridge.
Another day down, 34 more school days to go.

1 comment:
I love sleeping fotos... So peaceful.
Post a Comment