28 March 2009

Happy 3rd Family Day
March 29, 2006 From my journal they day we met There is no preparation for the first sight of your child. I studied your face, fingers and toes. I held my breath as you sighed, laughed when you yawned and wondered when you grasped my thumb. I could not get my fill of looking at you. There should be a song for mothers to sing at this moment or a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name that moment. Like every mother that sees her child for the first time, I was overcome and bereft, exalted and ravaged. I felt the world stop for just a second to bow itself to our union.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so nice you kept a journal. I wish i documented more

Amy

Empress' Mom said...

Oh Staci I cannot believe how incredibly touching your letter to Emilee is. I'm so sorry I missed celebrating this joyous day with the two of you. I'm absolutely certain you two were destined to be together. Once you were blissfully united the world did indeed stop an bowed itself to your perfect and blessed union. How could it not stop for such a miraculous event as the union of two hopeful souls?

Happy Belated Family Day!!
June & Lilli