01 May 2009

This past week we had a very special visit. Cousin Meredith and Aunt Kathy came for a short visit before returning back home to England. It was so wonderful having them. For those of you who don't know, Meredith and Emilee are from the same SWI in Xuwen, China. We get to see Meredith and her family every so often, but it is just not enough. It is amazing how much the two girls have grown and developed. I see Emilee every day, so I really don't notice it, but when I saw Meredith come off the plane I could not believe my eyes. She has always been a beautiful, delightful and bright baby, but now she is a gorgeous, spunky, delightfully happy, little girl. I could not believe how mature she has gotten and the more I spent time with her, the more I was amazed by her delightfully funny and charming personality. She is one amazing kid. Emilee was so excited to have her cousin and Aunt staying over. She and " Mei Mei" got along as if they has seen each other yesterday. The two girls kept hugging each other and where giggling and smiling all the time. It was so wonderful to see. Watching them together was a great present that unwrapped every day.The only sad part was when we had to drop Meredith and Kathy at the airport. Emilee cried the whole was home sobbing " Mei Mei come back". The crying continued at home when she realized that they were not at the house waiting for her. I tried to explain to her that they had to go home and that we would visit soon, but she just didn't care. She wanted them NOW. Last night she woke up and asked if " Mei Mei was going to play with Xiu Xiu today". and this morning she went to the room in which they were staying looking for them. She really misses them.

Below are some pictures from our time together. As you can see we had a great time and made the most of their short stay and the wonderful weather that came with them

No comments: