10 September 2009

HELLO PRE-K

Today was Emilee's first day of school. This morning she sprang from bed all excited to start. She couldn't wait to go back to her school, see her old friends and meet her new teacher. She kept telling me this year she is going to be upstairs with the big kids and that she was going to her her own desk and cubby. What more could a kid want. After getting dressed and eating a fast breakfast, she grabbed her Hello kitty back Pack and ran to the car. When we pulled up to the school she nearly jumped out of the car before it even stopped screaming from the window Hello to all her friends. I walked her into the school and there to greet her was the schools director and one of her teachers ( we will call her Miss N). Emilee stuck out her hand to say hello ( she looked so grown up i could cry). We then went upstairs to her classroom and Emilee greeted her other teacher ( Miss L) before she could even say a word. ( can you tell she was excited). Before I could even walk into her classroom, Emilee turned to me with the biggest smile on her face and said " Bye Mom, Love you, see you later". I thought--- " wait, I'm not ready to say Good Bye". I grabbed my camera and took a picture and after the second snap Emilee turned to me and said " OK Mom, that's enough, Good Bye". My confident, secure child wanted me to leave. Had I done too good of a job. She didn't need me. I have to admit I was sad and happy at the same time.

1 comment:

Claire D said...

Love the outfit
where did you get it?