08 September 2009

I am not one to attend Internet chat rooms or search for people via the web. But a few months back my friend asked me to join face book. I was reluctant at first but it was a great way to keep up with friends and family who live overseas. I was truly amazed at the process in which face book works. With in the first weeks I was contacted by friends i have not heard from in years. It was really nice catching up on people i have often though about but had not know where life had taken them. Many of these people i went to high school with and we spend a lot of time and memories together. But like life and the great wave of time, you graduate, go off to different colleges across the country and the world, promise you will keep in touch and for awhile you do make the attempt ( I don't want to give away my age but i graduated before the Internet magically kept up in touch via the tap of a keyboard to all corners of the globe) Then finals comes, new friends, Grad school, relationships, careers, new cities, and just life in general. Before you know it, it has been years since you have been in contact with these people. Every so often you think about them or if you are lucky you may run into them, but for the most part they are fond memories of your youth that you tell your children about and often embellish. Face book changed all that... I have been fortunate to have caught up with many of the friends that I spend everyday of my teen life with. Its odd thinking about them in terms of marriages and kids. I guess in all our heads we never grow up. Well, last week I met up with one of my best Friends from High School. We spent almost every day laughing, sharing secrets, and developing into the people we would become. We both cant remember when and why we lost contact, but it happened. So its such a great blessing to finally have her back in my life again. After a bit of coordinating, She and her two amazing and beautiful children met Emilee and I in central park at the Victorian Gardens. A amusement park they set up in Trump Wollman Rink every summer. It was wonderful seeing her ( she hasn't changed a bit) and meeting her children ( Her older son is only a few months younger than Emilee) . We had a great time. Emilee and i cant wait for our next play date.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Looks like a great time! Emilee is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I just joined Facebook too! started an account months ago, but never looked at it again, until 2 weeks ago. I have had 3 friends in two weeks contact me from school! Very fun!

I like the post Art Imitating Art :).