01 March 2010
Hi Ho Hi Ho ....WE HAVE A LOT OF SNOW
Its official... the East Coast was it with the 4th largest Snow Fall of all time. Emilee wanted to go in the back yard to play but when I tried to open the door the snow was so high I couldn't open it. Emilee was determined to go out so she kept pushing and pushing the door with out luck. She then asked me if we could go around the back and dig the door out. In theory it sounds good. But in reality this means walking around a about 15 houses. Usually it would only take about 15 minutes, but with the amount of snow we had, it took us over an hour. Walking past the front of the houses was not too bad. We walked in the street which has been freshly plowed. Then we found the opening to go in the back of the houses. It looked like a scene from an Alaskan Outback movie. A fresh white blanket of snow that stretched forever, beautiful and undisturbed. That was until we took out first step and sunk into the deep snow. Emilee could barely lift her feet up to move so I told her to follow my foot steps. It worked better but at times she fell and disappeared only to pop up again. she though the trek was hilarious and sang " Hi Ho Hi Ho" the whole way. She was a real trooper. I wanted to turn back after the first 10 steps but she wanted to go on. she never complained once. When we finally reached the back of the house we dup the door out, I went in to have a hot cup of tea but my little snow bunny played until her heart was content. AH, to be a child again.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment