19 March 2010

A TRIP TO LANCASTER

This past weekend we took a quick trip to Lancaster County.  We go about every six or so weeks.  Emilee loves it there.  She loves the farm land, the out doors and ofcourse the horses.  This past weekend the  weather was so beautiful that we tried to spend as much time outside as  possible.  One of our activities was a ride on an Amish buggy. The  best part was they let emilee sit up front and at one point allowed her to drive the buggy. Emilee was elated.  She thought driving a buggy was the  collest thing ever.


Emilees favorite part of any Hotel is the indoor pools.  she loves to swim and is so excited to  be able to swim no matter what the weather is outside. Since it was such a beautiful day we left swimming until dark. Emilee was so excited to jump in and out of the water it took me forever to convince her we had to leave and go to bed.
  



What would be a trip without finding a playground
Emilee needed to burn off some energy before the long trip home so we found a local playground.  She met a lovely girl her age there and they played beautifully together.  the funny part is you know you travel too much when you daughter insists on playing Hotel.

   

1 comment:

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

I just have to tell you I love your blog...Your pictures are gorgeous...your Emilee is gorgeous..and I was so happy to see that someone else LOVES LANCASTER...I LOVE it so much there..unfortunatley, my hubs is not too big of a fan nor my older daughter..but the rest of us LOVE IT...
If you have any recommendations of where to go..I would love it..
We just go for the day..a LONG day..but lots of fun..You can email me if you have any info to share..thanks..
ohh..how I loved your pics of Lancaster...ohh...the Amish..
I am in Amish heaven..this weather especially makes me crave to go.