As a child every year before school started my mom used to rent a house in Cape Cod. Early September is the best time to go to Cape Cod. All the tourists go home, the weather is still warm and the beauty of the summer is still there. I have fond memories of searching for shells around the many beaches, climbing the rock, taking the ferry to Nantucket and Marther's vineyard and eating at all the amazing local fish houses. But my most memorable time was climbing and sliding down the dunes. Sadly I found out due to massive beach erosion the dunes are now protected and you are unable to climb them anyone. Since I had been talking non-stop about my adventures on the Dunes for weeks before the trip, not knowing it was not possible anymore, we found smaller (unprotected) dunes for Emilee to climb on and she had a blast.
The same rocks I climbed on as a child
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
beautiful photos of beautiful memories, thanks for sharing them.
Dawn
Enjoyed your photos! I too love Cape Cod in Sept. My aunt and I took a girl's trip there mid Sept. for many years, but this year she's heading to the Cape in June for a hydrangea course of some sort (she's a gardener). We have relatives who have a little, old-fashioned holiday house in Onset, and we stayed there mostly. For good or bad, it was like stepping back in time. LOL. But I cannot wait to take Meredith! Did you guys go whale watching? The beaches are gorgeous there. I am truly envious!
Any luck on the deal to London? Hope that's working out. I haven't told M. yet, because I've found she'll ask about it every day until you arrive.
Have a good week,
Kathy
P.S. We handed out birthday invites for Meredith's 5th party today, and what a mess I made of that! I thought it would be easy to hand them out before school, but it was absolute chaos and she ended up taking about half of them into the class because we didn't finish. I'm just hoping everyone got theirs so no one is accidentally left out. Her teacher is going to looooove me for this one. Ah well....
kathy and Meredith
I wish my daughter would cooperate as well for photos as your daughter! Such wonderful memories for her to have as she grows up. She is beautiful! Also the photographer...does excellent work! Thanks for making me smile!
www.babygirlbennett.blogspot.com
Post a Comment