28 November 2008

ITS BEGINNING TO LOOK AT LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS

Last week when I picked Emilee up from school she came running to me telling me that Santa was at the mall. I assured her that it was a week before Thanksgiving and Santa never comes this early. She told me that her friend brought in a picture of her with Santa and that she saw him yesterday. I tried to brace her that Santa may not be at the Mall but we would go and investigate this claim. To my surprise, the Mall looked like a Winter Wonderland. The speakers echoed with Christmas Carolls, there were trees everywhere covered in ribbons, balls and bows, , garlin and colorful ball adorning every wall, a Hugh train was erected in the center of the Mall and over to the side in a beautiful Gingerbread House sat Old St. Nick himself. I shouldn't have doubted the Coffee Clutch Gossip of Nursery School, Santa was indeed at the Mall. ( I don't remember Christmas decorations and Santa coming this early in years past) Emilee jumped up and down with glee and laughter marveling at the splendor of the season and the sight of Santa. She immediately ran to stand on line to take a picture. It was not the outfit I wanted her Santa picture in, but the moment was so wonderful and happy, who cares. The memory says it all.

The funniest was her conversation with Santa. She told him she had just seen him the night before on TV-Polar Express. Santa Just smiled. Then Santa asked Emilee what she wanted for Christmas. She smile, looked at him and said " I have everything I want". Santa looked amused.......

waiting to see santa "I told you Mommy, there he is"
The Train Ride

7 comments:

Empress' Mom said...

Her comment could not have been more perfect!! I'm sure you feel exactly the same way. She's a DOLL inside and out! I could just eat her alive she is so absolutely PERFECT!

Hugs,
June & Lilli

Anonymous said...

How funny! I love that you record these moments with her. she will get such a kick out of reading this!

Happy Thanksgiving to you two!

Anonymous said...

Love the dress. she looks perfect

tricia said...

She is such a sweet girl!

insanemommy said...

Sounds to me someone is raising a delightful child! I love it... And as always Staci she is simply delicious!

insanemommy said...

Sounds to me someone is raising a delightful child! I love it... And as always Staci she is simply delicious!

Anonymous said...

Love the dress, she has the most amaing clothes