So why is my darling baby holding a gun in the above pictures?
The answer is--- You cant fight City Hall!!!!
As much as I try to shelter my daughter, the world comes to her.
Let me first start by saying my Brother and I have very different parenting ideas.
My Nephews are over my house all the time. They are true ruff and tumble BOYS. They love sports, especially Football, play Video Games-- it seems that every game they have is about shooting, most of which are so realistic, love lazer tag, wrestle, climb trees, and do whatever else Boys do.
Not to mention they are 10 and 15.
My daughter adores them. When they are over she wants to do whatever they do. For awhile they were really good. they had tea Parties with her, played dolls, watched Disney Movies, Sesame Street, and Super Why and even dressed up-- or was it her dressing them. When they played Football on the lawn, they included her and most of the time made her the ball.
But Boys will be Boys.
Andrew just received a new Lazer tag set and decided to introduce Emilee to the Lazer tag world. My daughter, who can be a real Girly Girl at times can also be a Tom Boy. She loved the idea of darts fling out of a gun while Andrew jumped and rolled and darted out of the way to avoid them. The smile on her face and the screams coming from her said it all. Pure Bliss. I wasn't thrilled with the idea, but they were playing so nicely I have to admit it did make me smile.
Note to self. Next time Andrew comes over I have to make him have a tea party with Emilee.
This is my version of Diplomacy.
1 comment:
I just had to laugh. I've experienced the same thing. I did eventually get them to particpate in a tea party only after I promised them their favorite cookies. Good luck and I hope to see tea party pictures soon.
Lisa
Post a Comment