05 February 2009

Its amazing how much our kids imitate us. There are times that I see Emilee do something and I have to laugh, its so me. I work from the house and I do a lot on the computer. Emilee is really good about letting me do my work. Often she will sit next to me and watch or she will hit the enter key to upload things. A couple of days ago Emilee carried this old baby toy down from her room, dropped some carefully picked toys next to it--a toy phone, pens and paper and dragged her chair up to it. Curious and amused I watched her as she carefully and meticulously place each object in its designated spot, sat down, placed the phone to her hand and began an imaginary conversation while tapping the Musical Elmo toy. I smile and asked her what she was doing, and with the biggest smile of pride on her face she said, " Mommy, I'm working like you"

No comments: