I'm sure by now most of you are tired of looking at our Chinese New Year festivity pictures. Well, I have one more set that I am posting. It was an unintentional event. A sort of bonus. Emilee and I go to the Children Museum all the time after school. Emilee loves the Museum. We have been going regularly since she came home from China. To our surprise when we walked in the Activity Board Read " Dragon Parade". We could not have been more excited. By now Emilee thinks every place we go has a Dragon Show. We sat down in the Theater and watched as a wonderful local kung Fu school put on a great Kung Fu performance and Dragon Dance. It must be genetic, because Emilee loves Martial Arts. I have been holding back giving her classes but she seems to gravitate towards it. I think the director of this school noticed something also, because she came over to me and asked if Emilee could participate. I said " sure, If she wants too". They were so nice to her showing her some of their moves, allowing her to play with the Dragons and even giving her a part in the performance. She was the girl who teases the Dragon. It was so cute. At the end they allowed her to play the ceremonial drums as the dragons danced. Emilee could not have been more thrilled. After the performance they allowed Emilee to lead the Dragon Parade around the museum. She took her job very serious as she marched around the Museum Blessing everyone. What a great way to end the New year.*** Im sorry for the poor quality of the pictures. I didnt know anything major was going to happen that day so all I had was my Purse Camera. It dosent always take the best action shot in low light.
.JPG)
Playing the Drums
.JPG)
Emilee and the Dragon leading the parade
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun
Julie
Post a Comment