20 April 2009
This picture cracks me up. I was a Martial Artist for too many years to mention. Most of my friends who grew up in the Martial Arts world who I grew up with and trained with put their children into the Art early. In fact for most of them the moment their kid could walk they were marched into a class or trained at home. I decided before Emilee was even a thought that my child would not do Martial Arts until they were older and then only if they wanted to do it. I never wanted them compared to me or feel pressure that Mom did it so should they. Fast forward to my fast paced, active, athletic, strong willed, determined daughter. Even though she is a born princess who loves dress up and twirling around in high heels, she is also a tough, tom boyish very competitive girl who with out me ever showing her a move fell in love with the Power Rangers, Idolizes Jackie Chan, and thinks she is Kung Fu Fighting Mulan. She studies MA movies on TV and precisely and may i say accurately executes them. Even my old Sahbumnim was amazed at her ability. Now the question is should i start her in lessons. I'm holding off as long as possible but Emilee is determined to convince me otherwise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment