The last week of June we went to Texas to visit two wonderful families that I met during my journey to Emilee. Our first stop was in Austin at the Shatto Family. Rahilla and Don have 2 beautiful daughters Miriam and Evelyn.
For those of you that don't know, Emilee and Evy share a lot,in common. They were crib mates, they share the same birthday ( June 28, 2005), they were referred on the same day ( January 25) and they both were placed in their forever families arms on March 29, 2006. Rahilla and Don and her older sister Miriam traveled with us to China and we became great friends. They are an incredible family, as is their extended family, and I feel so fortunate to have this bond with them. I truly consider them family and I look forward to sharing with them this journey through life with these amazing girls.
The last time we saw them was two years ago when we were in Texas. We have kept in touch via the Internet and mail and have been tring to plan visits to see each other. I figured enough was enough. I knew the girls birthdays were getting close and I thought it would be great to spend their Birthdays together.
Our visit was more than we could have ever expected. They girls bonded from the moment we got out of the car. It was wonderful seeing them play, interact and laugh. I couldn't help think over and over again how far they have come and how lucky we are to have them in our lives. I feel the same way about the Shatto family. My red thread not only brought me to my greatest treasure, my daughter, but to an unexpected family that i truly consider part of my family. I am truly blessed.
2 comments:
What a lovely connection you all have. How precious!
What a great story! They sound like a wonderful family!
I have to agree with you...sometimes when I look at Emilee's pictures I'm taken aback by the striking resemblance.
Post a Comment