03 February 2010

A DAY AT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Emilee wanted to know why the gas station at Hollywood Studios was named after our Uncle Oscar. I tried to explain that it was named after Oscar the statue. I then showed her what an Oscar statue looks like and she said " It is named after Uncle Oscar, they are both bald".
She has me there.....
We loved all the shows. In fact Shows were a common theme with our visit. i think we saw everyone. Emilee is such a musical theater child so the fact that she could See multiple shows in one day was like being on cloud 9. Hollywood Studios has three of her favorite shows; the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the beat 9 my favorite) and High School Musical.
Watch out Holly wood a Star Is Born
Emilee: "Mommy why arent my hands in cement"
Me: " Just wait they will be"
These pictures crack me up....
I was a martial artist for more years than i can count. I competed on the national circuit, taught, and lived the life for so many years. Many of my friends are still in the business and Emilee has been around it since we came home. With that said you would think she would take an interest in it. NOPE not my kid. She wants nothing to do with it. I once took out a DVD and showed her some of my practice and competition tapes. Her first question was '"why is Uncle David ( my old Sahbumnin and good friend now) hitting you Mama. That's not nice". I tried to explain to her that we were playing around. That it wasn't real. But she couldnt get the image out of her mind. She has been to the schools and has watched Uncle David and Uncle Berthdany teach. They have been taking her into the class since she was 9 months old. Still no interest. BUT WHY THEN is my daughter obsessed with The Power rangers. She jumps around my house kicking and yelling and fighting imaginary opponents. I just don't get it. Every time I ask her why she doesn't want to do Martial Arts her answer is " I just don't". Oh well, I have a ballerina not a martial Artist. And thats perfect....
The band thought emilee was so cute they gave her a guitar.
High School Musical Emilees favorite
TOY STORY
Blast Off
Stinky Pete

No comments: