As a child i used to collect rock and stones. I had them in special boxes labeled with numbers identifying where they were in a rock book so i could quickly check the facts of each rock. ( OK I was a nerd) I collect rocks from all over the world. Small ones not big ones..... Since Emilee was a baby she has also been fascinated with rocks. She would pick them up every where she went and bring them home. My entrance way in my house looked like a rock garden at one point. Now a days we collect polished ones. She loves learning about them and playing with them admiring the shapes, colors, techtures and where they come from. But her favorite thing to do is create Rock Art. She will take them out and try to draw pictures using the rock and their shapes. Who needs toys......
1 comment:
I love rocks and shells, had a collection too, also beach glass. Grace and I have started a new collection.
Post a Comment