09 December 2009

Charming two bedroom cottage on spacious, snow-covered lot. Brand new candy-covered roof and many designer touches. Shown by appointment only. Call today. This one won't last. Just unveiled is this years Gingerbread House made by Emilee. In fact this house was made exclusively by Emilee. Mommy was not allowed to help even with the piping. Emilee wanted to do it all by herself. I was a little worried about how it was going to come out. I have been making Gingerbread houses since my nephew Joseph was about two. He is now 16. It took me a long time but I finally perfected the construction and icing. Usually I construct the house ( I did that this year) and I ice it with great detail and the kids ( or Emilee) decorate it. This year Emilee declared " I want to do it myself". And she did. In fact she did a great job. I am so proud of her. She was covered in royal frosting, stick and had a few gum drops hanging from her hair, but the house looks amazing. I think i lost my job.
The proud architect

No comments: