20 December 2009

MAKING LATKAHS WITH POPPY

Two weeks ago Poppy came over to make Latkas with Emilee for her class Hanukkah Party. Poppy is our Official latkah maker. ( He was a cook in the Army any can whip up a mess of anything without batting an eyelash) It was so cute watching Emilee and him grate the Potatoes and mix the mixture. poppy has a special way of doing it and it always comes out amazing. The problem is we eat them faster than he can make them. but we did manage to save enough for Emilee's Hanukkah Party where they were a hit. I was told that when Emilee's teacher was warming them up the other teachers were coming out of their classrooms to see what the wonderful aroma was. When I picked Emilee up from school I heard the raves of her classmates who loved their tasty delight. When I told Poppy all about it he was on cloud Nine.
Playing deidel with Poppy

No comments: