08 December 2009

SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN.....

I feel as if the Holiday season comes directly after Halloween. One day you are shopping for costumes and the next day, flash, the dress are up and the lights are twinkling. Thanksgiving sort of gets stuffed in there. Where i live Santa comes to our local mall 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and by then the malls are all ready decorated. Last year Emilee told me Santa was at the mall on the 15th of November and we went right away. 5 Santa trips later and the longest Holiday season I was thought with the Jolly man in the Red Suit. I was determined to wait as long as possible this year to get our annual Santa Picture done. Emilee kept asking when were were going to see him and I kept putting it off. Well she wore me down and last week we went to visit him. We went directly from school so to avoid the lines. Our plan worked. When we got there we were the third person on line. the first two were screaming infants whose parents jumped around making funny noises to get them to smile with no avail. Emilee thought the whole scene was hysterical. When it was her turn she run right up to him and gave him a big hug. When he asked her what she wanted for Christmas her answer was a Yo-Yo and a Pogo Stick. that was a first for me hearing about that. I need to go shopping again. She chatted with him for awhile playing with his fuzzy beard the whole time. She then told Santa to sit up straight and smile for the camera. ( too funny)
Making sure her letter is posted correctly

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Thanks for the invite.

Your Emilee certainly looks right at home on Santa's lap.

I went back a bit in your story and it's quite something all the things she has accomplished. And your quite a Mom for preserving it all for her.

Cheers,
Wanda