Two weeks ago my Mom and I took Emilee to see The Nutcracker Ballet. This Ballet is such a milestone to me. Even before Emilee came home, I dreamed of taking my daughter to the Ballet. Especially the Nutcracker; my favorite. I have such fond memory's of my childhood going to the Ballet with my Mom. Every year she would get the ballet Series and we would see wonderful and beautiful performances. Each ballet was more wonderful and beautiful than the next, but for a kid there was only one Nutcracker Suite. A performance created with a little girls fantasy in mind. I was even fortunate to have seen Michael Baryshnikov perform as the Nutcracker Prince. What could be more heavenly.
I have to admit, this performance was the most magical of all. Not because of the amazing performers or the incredible scenery, but because I watched it though the eyes of my daughter. From the moment the curtain went up, Emilee was at the edge of her seat. I kept looking over to watch her expressions and they never disappointed me. She seemed to have a glow about her as if sugar fairies danced around her.
After the performance, we were invited to meet the cast. It was the cherry on a perfect night. Emilee was star struck. She was in awe of the performers and there beautiful costumes and graciously asked for their autographs which they gladly honored. She kept telling everyone she takes Ballet and they in turn told her if she practices hard enough she could be on stage with them. It brought the biggest smile to her face.
Who knows, maybe one day ill be sitting in Lincoln center watching Emilee perform. I can only dream.
1 comment:
I too can't wait to take my girls, Jillian must be able to sit for more than one second!
What a thrill to be able to meet the dancers.
Love the photos..
Post a Comment